Back to all jobs
VP Of Legal Operations , Funds
Highly Competitive Remuneration Package and Bens.
01 Feb 2024
VP of Legal Operations
About the Position
This is a unique opportunity to join a market leading global alternatives investment management and advisory firm as their VP of Legal Operations. With over $140 Billion AUM and $ 550B in capital allocations and a highly diversified portfolio across the globe, our client provides innovative and creative solutions to solve the objectives of a wide array of investment programs.
With values of strong entrepreneurialism, partnership and being a team within teams, our client offers joiners the opportunity to think out loud and be truly collaborative.
This is a newly created role for their Dublin operation, and you’ll be joining a team of 90 + colleagues based out of their fast growing Dublin operation.
This VP of Legal Operations will lead out their legal fund operations globally (Europe, Switzerland, Cayman and the USA). This is initially a standalone role, working through a matrix structure globally. This organisation operates in investment funds which generate large volumes of standardized and ad-hoc legal work. Responsible for structuring all fund legal operations efficiently, managing external service providers and eventually leading a small internal team.
This function will manage:
- Document management
- Fund company secretarial services
- Tax disclosure and tax filing services
- AML services, services in the context of portfolio investments such as subscription forms or NDAs
- Regular legal updates of investment funds
- Creation and liquidation of blockers and various services for our co-investment business.
- Lead out and manage the legal operational processes for funds and associated workflow and outputs
- Solid track record of successfully managing volume business in an investment funds or similar context, supported by a variety of external fund/legal service providers using different IT platforms and systems.
- Strategically improve end to end operating model for investment fund’ legal operations work and promote outsourcing as well as appropriate use of best in class technology
- Efficiently manage current operating model / processes focusing on interfaces between external fund/legal service providers and internal teams.
- Be a strong conduit between cross function teams as and when necessary against pre / post fund launch work.
- Foster collaboration between different service providers and internal teams and strive to integrate processes, systems, and MI / BI data.
- Instruct, supervise, and control external fund/legal service providers improving service quality and reducing costs
- Address immediate delivery needs of the organization, solve problems, provide solutions
Ideally 10 - 15 plus years’ experience with a large asset manager, asset-servicing company, a company secretarial service provider, or a large Bank with a similar scope of operational processes
Substantial experience managing and overseeing operational and administrative, data / legal fund documents along with interfaces with processes on multiple platforms
Hands-on attitude and approach with getting services delivered.
Business / legal degree, / company secretarial experience and relevant subject matter expertise with strong process management skills or vice versa.
Highly competitive with an excellent overall compensation package.
Estelle Davis - [email protected] or contact + 353 1 5927 844