Chief Executive Officer
**Brightwater Executive is delighted to be retained exclusively by The Royal Hospital Donnybrook (RHD) for the appointment of their new CEO **
About the Company
The Royal Hospital Donnybrook is a charitable organisation that has been operating continuously since 1743. It is situated on a 13.5 acre site in Dublin 4. The Hospital is a provider of rehabilitative, respite and HIQA regulated residential care. It serves patients with physical and neuro-disability in a range of rehabilitation services as well as high dependency adults in three residential units. It is a Section 38 Voluntary hospital with 163 beds (107 in-patient rehabilitation and respite beds and 56 residential beds), a 25-place 5-day day hospital and it directly employs approximately 280 whole time equivalent staff. A further 40-50 contractors provide services on daily basis (catering, cleaning, IT, security, grounds, maintenance, pharmacy).
RHD is a teaching hospital affiliated to UCD and enjoys close links with St. Vincent’s University Hospital and the National Rehabilitation Hospital. The current strategy of the Hospital is to further develop its role in rehabilitative and residential care while simultaneously expanding its service offering thought the development of an integrated care campus including inpatient, day hospital, and primary care services.
The hospital is a leader in digital developments, with a full electronic care record in residential care, digital medication prescribing and administration in all units, along with electronic rostering for all staff. It plans to extend the electronic care record to all services.
The mission of The Royal Hospital Donnybrook to provide a medical centre of excellence in healthcare rehabilitation and residential care within an integrated care campus which will develop the RHD to becoming the leading post-acute rehabilitation hospital in the Dublin area.
About the Position
Reporting to the Board, the CEO will lead out on the implementation of the hospital strategy as well as on-going management of the hospital.
Leading a management team which includes medical, nursing, health and finance professionals, the CEO will build and nurture the external and internal relationships for the hospital. In addition to adept team and organisational leadership skills to deliver quality services and budgetary control, a core feature will be the ability to build and nurture strong relationships at all levels, both internally and externally, including with state agencies, other health institutions and the voluntary sector.
The CEO will have the authority, acting on behalf of the Board of Management, to take all decisions and actions necessary for the discharge of the foregoing duties and responsibilities except where decisions are covered.
- Effectively manage the RHD in line with the high standards, ethos and overall mission and values of the hospital in accordance with current Board policies and decisions, while maintaining and developing positive working relations with all key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Oversee the current strategic plan and drive forward the development of the Integrated Care Campus in next three years.
- Negotiate funding from the HSE and other relevant sources for the services provided by the RHD.
- Ensure that all information management policies and procedures at RHD are of the highest standards.
- Lead the monitoring and development of the hospitals risk management programme inclusive of measures to mitigate all risks.
- Be responsible for RHD complying with the requirements of all statutory and other appropriate regulatory authorities. These include (but are not limited to - The HSE, Charities Regulator, Health Information and Quality Authority
- Provide assurances through policy and practices that the RHD is compliant with its statutory obligations.
- Advise the Board of Management of any key issues that may impact the services of the Hospital.
- Be the representative of the Board of RHD in its role as Registered Provider for Residential Services. The Registered Provider is legally responsible for the designated centre and is held accountable for any faults with the services.
- Relevant Degree and/or professional qualification
- 10+ years relevant experience working at senior management level within a health related field
- Strong track record of success working at a senior level in a strategic capacity in or for large, complex organisations
- Proven ability to be decisive in making difficult and challenging decisions that support the strategic aims and long term vision
- Exceptional communicator, able to create impact and demonstrate proactive stakeholder relationship awareness
- Experience of working with Board/s of Directors
- Detailed knowledge of and/or experience of service provision in Section 38 organisations would be a distinct advantage
- Detailed knowledge of HSE structures, processes and systems
- Knowledge of Irish public procurement systems and processes
- Demonstrable commercial acumen combined with sharp financial awareness.
Highly Competitive Remuneration Package
For more information and a confidential discussion on this CEO role, please contact Yvonne McNulty, Partner at Brightwater Executive by email [email protected]
A full detailed job description will be made available to all interested applicants.
To view all live jobs with Brightwater Executive and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwaterexecutive.com